Acoustics and Signal Processing Engineer
Elliptic Labs is looking for an enthusiastic signal processing, acoustics, or electronics engineer with interest in transducers, sensor systems, and product development. Skills in rapid prototyping and setting up lab experiments are considered to be beneficial.
Elliptic Labs is a software company that develops world-leading, ultrasound-based machine-learning algorithms for touchless-gesture, proximity, and presence sensing. The algorithms are designed to run on small, low-power embedded systems and are used to deliver innovative user experiences on smartphones, laptops, and IoT-devices. Today, software from Elliptic Labs is deployed in hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Learn More.
- Participate in early development of new products, including feasibility studies, choice of product design, choice of transducers and ultrasound signals, sensor-fusion strategies, and low-level signal processing
- Maintain and develop measurement procedures, equipment, and signal analysis
- Develop mitigation strategies for cross-device interference and ambient-noise suppression
- In a collaboration with international partners, evaluate the potential and characteristics of future developments such as transducer arrays and higher-frequency ultrasound
- Evaluate speaker and microphone placement/housing for Elliptic Labs’ customer products
- Measure and characterize the acoustical properties of customer designs
- Create 3D prototypes of next-generation consumer devices
Desired Skills & Experience
- MSc/PhD degree within digital signal processing, acoustics, or electronics
- Excellent candidates with a shorter formal degree will also be considered
- Fluent English — written and spoken
- Extensive experience with Python, Matlab or other scripting language
- Interest in lab experiments with acoustics and other signal measurements
- Experience with 3D printing and CAD tools is a plus
- Able to develop and program small robots and equipment to automate measurements
What We Can Offer You
- Great working environment with the possibility to grow and develop
- New modern office facilities in downtown Oslo
- Multicultural, inclusive, and nice working environment
- Chance to be part of an exciting and global growth journey
- Frequent social activities and after-work events
- A culture where supporting each other, being authentic, solid, and transparent are important values
* Be aware that Elliptic Labs cannot offer sponsorship to its employees or potential employees.
About Elliptic Labs
Elliptic Labs is a global enterprise targeting the smartphone, laptop, IoT, and automotive markets. Founded in 2006 as a research spin-off from Norway’s Oslo University, the company’s patented software uses AI, ultrasound, and sensor fusion to create AI Virtual Smart Sensors that deliver intuitive 3D gesture-, proximity-, presence-, breathing- and heartbeat-detection experiences. Its scalable AI Virtual Smart Sensor Platform™ creates software-only sensors that are sustainable, human-friendly, and already deployed in hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Elliptic Labs is the only software company that has delivered detection capabilities using AI software, ultrasound, and sensor fusion deployed at scale. The company is listed on the Oslo Børs.
Elliptic Labs is headquartered in Norway with presence in the USA, China, South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan. Its technology and IP are developed in Norway and are solely owned by the company.