Acoustics and Signal Processing Engineer
Elliptic Labs is looking for an enthusiastic signal processing, acoustics or electronics engineer with interests in transducers, sensor systems and product development. Skills in rapid prototyping and setting up lab experiments are considered to be beneficial.
- Participate in early development of new products, including feasibility studies, choice of product design, choice of transducers and ultrasound signals, sensor fusion strategies and low level signal processing
- Maintain and develop measurement procedures, equipment and signal analysis
- Develop mitigation strategies for cross device interference and ambient noise suppression
- In a collaboration with international partners evaluate potential and characteristics of future developments such as transducer arrays and higher frequency ultrasound
- Evaluate speaker and microphone placement/housing for Elliptic Labs’ customer products
- Measure and characterize acoustical properties of customer designs
- Create 3D prototypes of next generation consumer devices
Desired Skills and Experience
- MSc/PhD degree within digital signal processing, acoustics, or electronics
- Excellent candidates with a shorter formal degree will also be considered
- Fluent communication skills in English
- Extensive experience with Python, Matlab or other scripting language
- Interest for lab experiments with acoustics and other signal measurements
- Experience with 3D printing and CAD tools is a plus
- Able to develop and program small robots and equipment to automate measurements
Please apply with your resume and cover letter here.
* Be aware that Elliptic Labs cannot offer sponsorship to its employees or potential employees.
About Elliptic Labs
Elliptic Labs is a global enterprise targeting the smartphone, laptop, IoT, and automotive markets. Founded in 2006 as a research spin-off from Norway’s Oslo University, the company’s patented software uses AI, ultrasound and sensor-fusion to create Virtual Smart Sensors that deliver intuitive 3D gesture, proximity, presence, breathing and heartbeat detection experiences. Its scalable AI Virtual Smart Sensor Platform™ creates software-only sensors that are sustainable, human-friendly and already deployed in hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Elliptic Labs is the only software company that has delivered detection capabilities using AI software, ultrasound, and sensor-fusion deployed at scale. The company is listed on the Oslo Børs.
Elliptic Labs is headquartered in Norway with presence in the USA, China, South-Korea, Taiwan, and Japan. Its technology and IP are developed in Norway and are solely owned by the company.