Quality Assurance Engineer
We are currently looking for a hands-on Quality Assurance Engineer who will be responsible for further developing and managing our quality framework and process for product development in both customer and partner projects. The role will work closely with the Engineering and Delivery teams in Norway, China Mainland and Taiwan to ensure all our global delivery projects meet the set requirements.
The role is located at the HQ in Oslo and will be reporting to the Senior VP of Product Development.
Elliptic Labs is a software company that develops world-leading, ultrasound-based machine-learning algorithms for touchless-gesture, proximity, and presence sensing. The algorithms are designed to run on small, low-power embedded systems and are used to deliver innovative user experiences on smartphones, laptops, and IoT-devices. Today, software from Elliptic Labs is deployed in hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Learn More.
- Manage the portfolio of development projects from a quality angle, defining targets and overseeing progress
- Work with the Engineering teams to define and contribute to the execution of functional regression and performance testing
- Define and contribute to the development of documentation
- Continuous development and optimization of processes and procedures linked to deliveries
- Work closely with the Technical Program Manager to ensure efficiency and quality on software releases, as well as to determine and oversee consistent testing, evaluation, and troubleshooting in all stages of project completion
- Design and drive development of an automated test framework and scripting to ensure high quality on software releases, including software security
- Assess scope related to milestones, deliverables, and change requests
Desired Skills & Experience
- BSc / MSc in Computer Science (or equivalent). Strong applicants without formal education will still be considered
- Fluent English — written and spoken
- Desired fluency in Norwegian
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with relevant quality assurance management
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies
- Customer oriented with the ability to take the customer angle when defining scope for quality testing
- Experienced with automated tools for testing and frameworks like Selenium, Junit, and TestNG
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Kanban and project management tools like Trello, Jira, Planner, Azure DevOps
- Programming or scripting experience (e.g. Python, Bash, Powershell, Trello Butler, Power Automate, etc.)
What We Can Offer You
- Great working environment with the possibility to grow and develop
- New modern office facilities in downtown Oslo
- Multicultural, inclusive, and nice working environment
- Chance to be part of an exciting and global growth journey
- Frequent social activities and after-work events
- A culture where supporting each other, being authentic, solid, and transparent are important values
* Be aware that Elliptic Labs cannot offer sponsorship to its employees or potential employees.
About Elliptic Labs
Elliptic Labs is a global enterprise targeting the smartphone, laptop, IoT, and automotive markets. Founded in 2006 as a research spin-off from Norway’s Oslo University, the company’s patented software uses AI, ultrasound, and sensor fusion to create AI Virtual Smart Sensors that deliver intuitive 3D gesture-, proximity-, presence-, breathing- and heartbeat-detection experiences. Its scalable AI Virtual Smart Sensor Platform™ creates software-only sensors that are sustainable, human-friendly, and already deployed in hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Elliptic Labs is the only software company that has delivered detection capabilities using AI software, ultrasound, and sensor fusion deployed at scale. The company is listed on the Oslo Børs.
Elliptic Labs is headquartered in Norway with presence in the USA, China, South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan. Its technology and IP are developed in Norway and are solely owned by the company.