Graduate System Engineer – ML/DSP
As a pioneer in AI software for edge devices, Elliptic Labs specializes in integrating machine learning with ultrasound presence detection, enabling seamless user experiences across a range of devices. Our patented technology combines the power of ultrasound with advanced sensor-fusion algorithms, offering intuitive gesture recognition, proximity-, and presence-sensing functionalities. Our innovative AI Virtual Smart Sensor Platform ensures sustainability and eco-friendliness and is already featured in hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Elliptic Labs is targeting the smartphone, laptop, IoT, and automotive markets and continues to lead the way in creating transformative and scalable solutions in the tech world.
As a graduate system engineer, you will work at the intersection of machine learning and digital signal processing towards the design and improvement of cutting-edge machine-learning algorithms for laptops, smartphones, and IoT devices.
Elliptic Labs is a software company that develops world-leading, ultrasound-based machine-learning algorithms for touchless-gesture, proximity, and presence sensing. The algorithms are designed to run on small, low-power embedded systems and are used to deliver innovative user experiences on smartphones, laptops, and IoT-devices. Today, software from Elliptic Labs is deployed in hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Learn More.
- Design, develop, and test machine-learning algorithms for real-time sensor applications on embedded systems
- Analyze consumer hardware devices with digital signal processing tools for confirming signal integrity and algorithm performance
- Build, maintain, and use a suite of internal tools for operations around data management and cleaning, dataset design, and automatic ground-truth tagging
- Conduct rigorous research experiments and communicate results to other team members for the improvement of existing products and development of new ones
- Interact cross-domain with our different specialized development teams
Desired Skills & Experience
- BSc / MSc in Computer Science, Physics, Math/Statistics or a related field
- Fluent English — written and spoken
- Experience with programming in Python and/or MATLAB
- Previous applied experience with ML frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Acquainted with algorithms, data structures, and software-design patterns
- Good statistical analysis and reasoning skills including experimental design
- A foundation in physics, mathematical principles, and signal-processing theory
- Confident and responsible — enjoy working both in teams and individually
What We Can Offer You
- Great working environment with the possibility to grow and develop
- New modern office facilities in downtown Oslo
- Multicultural, inclusive, and nice working environment
- Chance to be part of an exciting and global growth journey
- Frequent social activities and after-work events
- A culture where supporting each other, being authentic, solid, and transparent are important values
* Be aware that Elliptic Labs cannot offer sponsorship to its employees or potential employees.
About Elliptic Labs
Elliptic Labs is a global enterprise targeting the smartphone, laptop, IoT, and automotive markets. Founded in 2006 as a research spin-off from Norway’s Oslo University, the company’s patented software uses AI, ultrasound, and sensor fusion to create AI Virtual Smart Sensors that deliver intuitive 3D gesture-, proximity-, presence-, breathing- and heartbeat-detection experiences. Its scalable AI Virtual Smart Sensor Platform™ creates software-only sensors that are sustainable, human-friendly, and already deployed in hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Elliptic Labs is the only software company that has delivered detection capabilities using AI software, ultrasound, and sensor fusion deployed at scale. The company is listed on the Oslo Børs.
Elliptic Labs is headquartered in Norway with presence in the USA, China, South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan. Its technology and IP are developed in Norway and are solely owned by the company.