Machine-Learning Automation Engineer
Elliptic Labs is looking for a Machine-Learning Automation Engineer to join our Machine Learning & Algorithm team. You’ll be instrumental in designing and maintaining an advanced ground-truth-tagging system for machine-learning data collection. We love automating tasks so that we can scale our product portfolio as fast as possible.
Elliptic Labs is a software company that develops world-leading, ultrasound-based machine-learning algorithms for touchless-gesture, proximity, and presence sensing. The algorithms are designed to run on small, low-power embedded systems and are used to deliver innovative user experiences on smartphones, laptops, and IoT-devices. Today, software from Elliptic Labs is deployed in hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Learn More.
- Research and development of automatic ground-truth-tagging systems of human presence and gestures
- Gesture recognition based on computer vision, radar, lidar, IR etc.
- A depth camera system for automatic ground-truth tagging of humans and hand gestures
- Customize and improve efficiency in our pipelines to reduce time to market
- Analyze data quality and performance reports to make sure that our sensor performance meets our customers’ requirements
Desired Skills &Experience
We do not have any hard requirements, but we are looking for candidates with some of the qualifications or skills listed below:
- MSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent field (or equivalent experience)
- Fluent English — written and spoken
- Experience with Computer Vision (e.g. OpenCV)
- Strong knowledge in Python and similar languages
- General programming experience in languages such as Matlab, C, C++ is beneficial
- Knowledge of machine-learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch is beneficial
- Interest in sensor technology, human presence detection, and gesture recognition
- Experience with architecting and implementing automatic ground-truth-tagging/labeling systems for machine learning
- Understanding of basic signal processing (e.g. time and frequency domain analysis)
- Knowledge of version control: Git, CVS, SVN or similar
What We Can Offer You
- Great working environment with the possibility to grow and develop
- New modern office facilities in downtown Oslo
- Multicultural, inclusive, and nice working environment
- Chance to be part of an exciting and global growth journey
- Frequent social activities and after-work events
- A culture where supporting each other, being authentic, solid, and transparent are important values
* Be aware that Elliptic Labs cannot offer sponsorship to its employees or potential employees.
About Elliptic Labs
Elliptic Labs is a global enterprise targeting the smartphone, laptop, IoT, and automotive markets. Founded in 2006 as a research spin-off from Norway’s Oslo University, the company’s patented software uses AI, ultrasound, and sensor fusion to create AI Virtual Smart Sensors that deliver intuitive 3D gesture-, proximity-, presence-, breathing- and heartbeat-detection experiences. Its scalable AI Virtual Smart Sensor Platform™ creates software-only sensors that are sustainable, human-friendly, and already deployed in hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Elliptic Labs is the only software company that has delivered detection capabilities using AI software, ultrasound, and sensor fusion deployed at scale. The company is listed on the Oslo Børs.
Elliptic Labs is headquartered in Norway with presence in the USA, China, South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan. Its technology and IP are developed in Norway and are solely owned by the company.