Machine-Learning Automation Engineer
Elliptic Labs is looking for a Machine-Learning Automation Engineer to join our Machine Learning & Algorithm team. You’ll work with every part of the ML workflow from dataset design, feature preprocessing, model development, training, tuning, and evaluation, through to deployment.
Our team is responsible for the improvement of ML models in our existing portfolio of products, as well as research and development of new experiences and internal tools. You’ll have the opportunity to propose and execute experiments from scratch, report results, and participate in discussions around next steps for our ML strategy.
In addition to delivering models to production projects and researching new opportunities, you’ll help us to further develop our ML platform to streamline the delivery of high-performing models to virtual sensor applications on a variety of consumer electronic devices.
Elliptic Labs is a software company that develops world-leading, ultrasound-based machine-learning algorithms for touchless-gesture, proximity, and presence sensing. The algorithms are designed to run on small, low-power embedded systems and are used to deliver innovative user experiences on smartphones, laptops, and IoT-devices. Today, software from Elliptic Labs is deployed in hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Learn More.
- Machine Learning Engineering — train and deliver well-performing machine-learning models for mass-production virtual sensor software products on consumer electronic devices
- Data Science — design, clean, and manage training datasets
- Build, maintain, and upgrade internal tools for speeding up ML workflows with a focus on traceability and reproducibility of model development
- Assist with the development and analysis of key metrics for assessing dataset quality as well as project model performance
- Research new opportunities to apply the latest models and techniques in AI/ML to our existing products or new experiences
Desired Skills &Experience
- MSc preferred in Statistics, Data Science, Machine Learning; also of interest: Computer Science, Electronics, Physics, Mathematics (or equivalent applied experience)
- Fluent English — written and spoken
- Strong knowledge of Python for Data Science and Machine Learning
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks (Pytorch, Tensorflow)
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing + MATLAB is beneficial
- Software development aptitudes are beneficial (version control, Azure DevOps or equivalent)
- Ability to plan work, interface with other engineers, and communicate results effectively
What We Can Offer You
- Great working environment with the possibility to grow and develop
- New modern office facilities in downtown Oslo
- Multicultural, inclusive, and nice working environment
- Chance to be part of an exciting and global growth journey
- Frequent social activities and after-work events
- A culture where supporting each other, being authentic, solid, and transparent are important values
* Be aware that Elliptic Labs cannot offer sponsorship to its employees or potential employees.
About Elliptic Labs
Elliptic Labs is a global enterprise targeting the smartphone, laptop, IoT, and automotive markets. Founded in 2006 as a research spin-off from Norway’s Oslo University, the company’s patented software uses AI, ultrasound, and sensor fusion to create AI Virtual Smart Sensors that deliver intuitive 3D gesture-, proximity-, presence-, breathing- and heartbeat-detection experiences. Its scalable AI Virtual Smart Sensor Platform™ creates software-only sensors that are sustainable, human-friendly, and already deployed in hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Elliptic Labs is the only software company that has delivered detection capabilities using AI software, ultrasound, and sensor fusion deployed at scale. The company is listed on the Oslo Børs.
Elliptic Labs is headquartered in Norway with presence in the USA, China, South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan. Its technology and IP are developed in Norway and are solely owned by the company.