Embedded Software Engineer – C/C++
We are looking for an experienced developer/team lead with knowledge of software architecture and design patterns for embedded systems. You will be working on the implementation of advanced machine-learning algorithms for gesture recognition.
Elliptic Labs is a software company that develops world-leading, ultrasound-based machine-learning algorithms for touchless-gesture, proximity, and presence sensing. The algorithms are designed to run on small, low-power embedded systems and are used to deliver innovative user experiences on smartphones, laptops, and IoT-devices. Today, software from Elliptic Labs is deployed in hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Learn More.
- Software for embedded, real-time audio processing
- Implement machine-learning algorithms in C/C++ for various SoCs/DSPs
- Debug, test, and profile embedded software
- Integrate with laptop, smartphone, and IoT platforms
- Android, MS Windows, AOSP, Linux kernel, Qualcomm Hexagon, ARM Cortex, Intel
- Development of internal SDK and tooling
- Possible management tasks and responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience
We do not have any hard requirements but we are looking for candidates with some of the qualifications or skills listed below:
- BSc / MSc in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Fluent English — written and spoken
- Ability to plan work, interface with other engineers, and communicate results effectively
- Experience with team and people management is desired, but not required
- C/C++ programming experience
- C/C++ cross-platform development experience
- Modern C++ (C++11) and STL
- Knowledge of software-design patterns and best practices
- Experience with embedded real-time system development
- Algorithm design, mathematical principles, and signal processing theory
- Build tools and toolchains: make, cmake, GCC, Clang/LLVM, Visual Studio, Git, Docker
- Scripting languages such as Python
- Worked with Linux environments
- Experience with microcontrollers, SoCs, and DSPs
- Continuous integration and continuous development (CI/CD)
What We Can Offer You
- Great working environment with the possibility to grow and develop
- New modern office facilities in downtown Oslo
- Multicultural, inclusive, and nice working environment
- Chance to be part of an exciting and global growth journey
- Frequent social activities and after-work events
- A culture where supporting each other, being authentic, solid, and transparent are important values
* Be aware that Elliptic Labs cannot offer sponsorship to its employees or potential employees.
About Elliptic Labs
Elliptic Labs is a global enterprise targeting the smartphone, laptop, IoT, and automotive markets. Founded in 2006 as a research spin-off from Norway’s Oslo University, the company’s patented software uses AI, ultrasound, and sensor fusion to create AI Virtual Smart Sensors that deliver intuitive 3D gesture-, proximity-, presence-, breathing- and heartbeat-detection experiences. Its scalable AI Virtual Smart Sensor Platform™ creates software-only sensors that are sustainable, human-friendly, and already deployed in hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Elliptic Labs is the only software company that has delivered detection capabilities using AI software, ultrasound, and sensor fusion deployed at scale. The company is listed on the Oslo Børs.
Elliptic Labs is headquartered in Norway with presence in the USA, China, South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan. Its technology and IP are developed in Norway and are solely owned by the company.